Experts in Laser & Aesthetics
Over 25 Years Experience
5* Treatment & Service
Friendly & Experienced Staff
Why consider IPL Acne Treatment?
This treatment is widely recognised as an effective solution for mild to moderate Inflammatory Acne.
- It has been shown that the major bacterial cause of Acne, Propionibacterium Acnes can be destroyed by the application of light.
- The Intense Pulse Light treatments greatly reduce the number of active lesions, lessening the inflammation and frequency of breakouts.
- The IPL works within the skin causing no damage, irritation or downtime.
At a glance:
How many treatments needed?
Finance payment option:
Price per session from:
Treatment time in minutes:
Acne Treatment prices
“My skin looked so luminous I actually felt pretty without a scrap of makeup, which is a huge deal for…
“Thank you, for a fantastic experience in Laserlife Clinic. They are friendly and helpful. Kudos to Lizzie! Brilliant customer service,…
I am not a person who usually gives 5 star review, but, they deserve 5 stars for the service they…
Laser Life Clinic was my last hope to fight the horrible acne that I have suffered with for 10 years.…
Very lovely place. Very clean. Amazing astheticians, friendly, clear in explanation of the prices, caring, polite. I’m undergoing treatments for…
Very lovely place, very clean and the staff are very welcoming and friendly. I’m currently undergoing treatment for acne which…
“I noticed a reduction in my acne scars and saw fewer breakouts and blackheads over the following months. When I…
Who does the treatment?
How Laserlife IPL Acne Treatment works
- The IPL light is absorbed by the hemoglobin which heats up the area producing a minor reaction to the sebaceous glands. This will slow down the production of oil that leads to Acne and enlarged pore size.
- Our system penetrates deeply into the skin, heating the overactive sebaceous glands and reducing sebum output. It is thought that reversible thermal damage to sebaceous glands can result in long term remission from acne.
- The IPL Treatment will also produce new collagen which means there will be fewer scars, fine lines and wrinkles will be reduced
- We only use Yellow light. Recent studies indicate that Yellow light, which has a greater skin penetration depth than blue light is more effective at targeting the bacteria that causes Acne.
IPL Acne Treatment – The Process
Step 1 – Free Initial Consultation
Prior to treatment you must first undergo a consultation where the details about you medical history are obtained in order to confirm suitability. Before proceeding you will be asked to sign a consent form and undergo a patch test 24 hours before treatment.
Step 2 – The Treatment
With IPL a layer of chilled gel is applied to the treatment area. The light applicator is placed on the skin and a short pulsed light is released. The applicator is then moved to the neighbouring area and the process is repeated until the entire area is treated. The chilled gel is removed and aloe Vera and an SPF is applied. During the treatment protective eye wear will be provided. Most clients describe the discomfort as mild and tolerable and no anaesthetic is required.
Step 3 – Recovery
The treated area may feel warm and sensitive for the first few days post treatment.
Step 4 – Aftercare
- No sun exposure for up to 30 days prior to treatment.
- No fake tan or gradual tan for 10 days prior to treatment
- No use of topical retinol products to be used in the treated area 3 days prior to treatment.
- We recommend 6 sessions 2 weeks apart for best results.